Elizabeth Banks Enjoys Out-Earning Husband
- Photo: JBD/ZJE/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Allure4 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Top Chef Winner Ilan Hall Gets Down and Dirty on Knife FightMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:15:00 AM
- New Season Reviews: NCIS: New Orleans, Person of InterestMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- Netflix Embraces Spoilers And Those Who Love to Spoil With New WebsiteMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 1:11:00 AM
- 'Dallas' Finale Leaves Key Character's Fate in Limbo But It's PMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 1:04:00 AM
- NFL's Abuse Scandal Kind of Screws Over League's New Chief Marketing Officer And MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:12:00 PM
- Top Chef Winner Ilan Hall Gets Down and Dirty on Knife Fight
Actress Elizabeth Banks has no qualms about out-earning her producer husband, Max Handelman, insisting men no longer need to be breadwinners in today's society.
RELATED: Before They Were Hunger Gamers
The "Hunger Games" star wed college sweetheart Handelman in 2003 and, since the beginning of their marriage, Banks has pulled in millions of dollars thanks to roles in "Spider-Man," "Seabiscuit," "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "The Next Three Days," while producer Handelman has earned significantly less.
Banks loves the fact she's the main provider and she feels good about paving the way for other women to aspire to do the same.
She tells Allure magazine, "We're the first generation to do it and it's very ingrained, even in our DNA, that men are hunter gatherers who are meant to go off and provide, and that we (women) are really meant to stay at home and have kids, which we have to do because they don't know how to do it! But they're learning. We're all figuring the same thing out. And let's be honest, men love a second income. It gets them their boat and their vacations. They want their wives to work."
RELATED: Pop Culture Summer Camps
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite