Elizabeth Banks Enjoys Out-Earning Husband
- Photo: JBD/ZJE/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Allure4 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Actress Elizabeth Banks has no qualms about out-earning her producer husband, Max Handelman, insisting men no longer need to be breadwinners in today's society.
RELATED: Before They Were Hunger Gamers
The "Hunger Games" star wed college sweetheart Handelman in 2003 and, since the beginning of their marriage, Banks has pulled in millions of dollars thanks to roles in "Spider-Man," "Seabiscuit," "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "The Next Three Days," while producer Handelman has earned significantly less.
Banks loves the fact she's the main provider and she feels good about paving the way for other women to aspire to do the same.
She tells Allure magazine, "We're the first generation to do it and it's very ingrained, even in our DNA, that men are hunter gatherers who are meant to go off and provide, and that we (women) are really meant to stay at home and have kids, which we have to do because they don't know how to do it! But they're learning. We're all figuring the same thing out. And let's be honest, men love a second income. It gets them their boat and their vacations. They want their wives to work."
RELATED: Pop Culture Summer Camps
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite