Elizabeth Banks Enjoys Out-Earning Husband
- Photo: JBD/ZJE/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Allure4 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Actress Elizabeth Banks has no qualms about out-earning her producer husband, Max Handelman, insisting men no longer need to be breadwinners in today's society.
RELATED: Before They Were Hunger Gamers
The "Hunger Games" star wed college sweetheart Handelman in 2003 and, since the beginning of their marriage, Banks has pulled in millions of dollars thanks to roles in "Spider-Man," "Seabiscuit," "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "The Next Three Days," while producer Handelman has earned significantly less.
Banks loves the fact she's the main provider and she feels good about paving the way for other women to aspire to do the same.
She tells Allure magazine, "We're the first generation to do it and it's very ingrained, even in our DNA, that men are hunter gatherers who are meant to go off and provide, and that we (women) are really meant to stay at home and have kids, which we have to do because they don't know how to do it! But they're learning. We're all figuring the same thing out. And let's be honest, men love a second income. It gets them their boat and their vacations. They want their wives to work."
RELATED: Pop Culture Summer Camps
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite