Elizabeth Olsen: I Wore Mary-Kate and Ashley's Hand-Me-Downs
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 18
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 18
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News9 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage10 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 18
- Photo: Nylon/Promotional12 of 18
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com14 of 18
- Photo: JMF/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com16 of 18
- Photo: Je T'aime/Splash News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
She doesn't need their help picking out a red-carpet look, but, growing up, Elizabeth Olsen's clothing came straight from her big sisters Ashley and Mary-Kate's closet.
"For two years, I didn't buy anything. I've had this [grabs a huge, gray faux-fur jacket] for two years. It was a sample from The Row that never got made. But even as a little kid, our parents made us go through our closets so often, so I had all their hand-me-downs," Elizabeth, 22, tells ASOS magazine. "As I passed on them, [Elizabeth stands at 5-foot-7, four inches taller than Ashley, while Mary-Kate is slightly under 5 feet tall], it was awful, because all my friends would get their clothes and I got nothing. Pants and shoes never fitted me after 14, but all my friends would say, 'Oh, this? This is Mary-Kate's.' I'd be like, 'I hate you, that's so cute.'"
And while her 25-year-old sisters' lines, Elizabeth and James and The Row, are sold at luxe retailers like Neiman Marcus and Barneys, the star explains where she really finds her inspiration.
"When I was in high school, I would go to second-hand stores -- not because I thought it was cool, but because you could get so much more for your dollar," the "Martha Marcy May Marlene" actress says.
"I love Celine now. My sisters introduced me to that label a couple of years ago. And Chanel. And Isabel Marant has become someone that I really like," she adds." I didn't know all this stuff before this year, but I thought I should probably become more aware so I can have more of a say in what I wear."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite