Elizabeth Taylor's first wedding dress up for sale
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Frank Augstein/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Frank Augstein/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Promotional6 of 12
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 12
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA9 of 12
- Photo: PF1/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
LONDON (AP) — The gown Elizabeth Taylor wore at the first of her eight weddings is for sale. You'll need at least $47,000 to buy it and a tiny waist to wear it.
Christie's auction house is offering the seed pearl-encrusted satin dress -- compete with a waist-cinching, built-in corset -- created by costume designer, Helen Rose.
Elizabeth was 18 when she wore the gown to marry hotel heir Conrad "Nicky" Hilton Jr., in May 1950 -- an event that MGM boasted was attended by "more stars than there are in heaven."
RELATED: Celebs who've been bridesmaids
The couple divorced months later, and Elizabeth Taylor went on to wed seven more times. She died in 2011 at age 79.
RELATED: Most expensive celebrity weddings
The dress will be sold June 26, with a price estimated between $47,000 and $78,000.
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Bump
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite