Elizabeth Taylor's Wedding Dresses To Be Sold
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 17
Reporting by WENN
The wedding dresses worn by Dame Elizabeth Taylor for her two trips down the aisle with Richard Burton will be sold off later this year as part of an auction of her clothes and accessories.
The gowns will be among a collection of 400 dresses, handbags and shoes that will go under the hammer at Christie's auction house this December in New York.
The wedding dresses, worn when she married Burton in 1964 and again in 1975, will be the highlights of the sale, along with an outfit Taylor wore to the Academy Awards in 1992. The wedding dress from 1964 is expected to fetch between $40,000 and $60,000, according to the AFP.
Meredith Etherington-Smith of Christie's says, "Many of the pieces in this lifetime collection were couture, custom made for Ms. Taylor by designers who became her close friends."
The sale will take place Dec. 14 - 15, following an auction of Taylor's jewelry. The Hollywood legend passed away in March at the age of 79.
Click through to see photos of Liz with Richard Burton, Eddie Fisher and more of her many loves ...
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite