Emily Blunt: Motherhood is 'the coolest thing' I've done'
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images/GettyImages.com2 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 15
- Photo: WOLF/NPG4 of 15
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: VLNY / Zodiac/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 15
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 15
- Photo: ETSO20 KAPP WAHS/Wonderwall10 of 15
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- MTV's 'Awkward' Star Beau Mirchoff Joins NBC's Manson Series &amMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:14:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to Creat
Emily Blunt has won a Golden Globe, acted opposite Meryl Streep and Matt Damon, and vacationed with Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. That all pales in comparison, though, to her latest adventure -- motherhood. Prior to giving birth on Feb. 16 to daughter Hazel, her first child with husband John Krasinski, the "Into the Woods" actress sat down with Vogue and opened up about pregnancy and preparing for motherhood.
"It's really the coolest thing that's ever happened to me," Blunt -- who was about eight months pregnant at the time, told the magazine in an interview for its April issue. "I feel good," she added, "although I do wake up feeling like my grandmother."
In order to get comfortable, the British star said, "I sleep with a fortress of pillows around me. I've got one of those huge C-shaped ones. My husband calls it Gary."
Another thing that helped? Gluten-free cookies. "I know everyone rolls their eyes, but I met a hippie doctor who suggested it, and it's really helped me in the pregnancy," the 30-year-old "Devil Wears Prada" actress explained to Vogue, noting that she also allowed herself "one coffee a day."
Besides that, she said, she took a "non-fuss, non-intense" approach to pregnancy and preparing for parenthood. As she told Vogue, "Everyone says don't go online and read as few books as you possibly can."
Blunt and Krasinski, 34, announced their daughter's birth via Twitter back in February. "Wanted to let the news out directly," the proud new dad tweeted. "Emily and I are so incredibly happy to welcome our daughter Hazel into the world today! Happy bday!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite