Emily Blunt: Motherhood is 'the coolest thing' I've done'
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images/GettyImages.com2 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 15
- Photo: WOLF/NPG4 of 15
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: VLNY / Zodiac/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 15
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 15
- Photo: ETSO20 KAPP WAHS/Wonderwall10 of 15
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Emily Blunt has won a Golden Globe, acted opposite Meryl Streep and Matt Damon, and vacationed with Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. That all pales in comparison, though, to her latest adventure -- motherhood. Prior to giving birth on Feb. 16 to daughter Hazel, her first child with husband John Krasinski, the "Into the Woods" actress sat down with Vogue and opened up about pregnancy and preparing for motherhood.
"It's really the coolest thing that's ever happened to me," Blunt -- who was about eight months pregnant at the time, told the magazine in an interview for its April issue. "I feel good," she added, "although I do wake up feeling like my grandmother."
In order to get comfortable, the British star said, "I sleep with a fortress of pillows around me. I've got one of those huge C-shaped ones. My husband calls it Gary."
Another thing that helped? Gluten-free cookies. "I know everyone rolls their eyes, but I met a hippie doctor who suggested it, and it's really helped me in the pregnancy," the 30-year-old "Devil Wears Prada" actress explained to Vogue, noting that she also allowed herself "one coffee a day."
Besides that, she said, she took a "non-fuss, non-intense" approach to pregnancy and preparing for parenthood. As she told Vogue, "Everyone says don't go online and read as few books as you possibly can."
Blunt and Krasinski, 34, announced their daughter's birth via Twitter back in February. "Wanted to let the news out directly," the proud new dad tweeted. "Emily and I are so incredibly happy to welcome our daughter Hazel into the world today! Happy bday!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite