Emily Blunt: Motherhood is 'the coolest thing' I've done'
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images/GettyImages.com2 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 15
- Photo: WOLF/NPG4 of 15
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: VLNY / Zodiac/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 15
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 15
- Photo: ETSO20 KAPP WAHS/Wonderwall10 of 15
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Emily Blunt has won a Golden Globe, acted opposite Meryl Streep and Matt Damon, and vacationed with Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. That all pales in comparison, though, to her latest adventure -- motherhood. Prior to giving birth on Feb. 16 to daughter Hazel, her first child with husband John Krasinski, the "Into the Woods" actress sat down with Vogue and opened up about pregnancy and preparing for motherhood.
"It's really the coolest thing that's ever happened to me," Blunt -- who was about eight months pregnant at the time, told the magazine in an interview for its April issue. "I feel good," she added, "although I do wake up feeling like my grandmother."
In order to get comfortable, the British star said, "I sleep with a fortress of pillows around me. I've got one of those huge C-shaped ones. My husband calls it Gary."
Another thing that helped? Gluten-free cookies. "I know everyone rolls their eyes, but I met a hippie doctor who suggested it, and it's really helped me in the pregnancy," the 30-year-old "Devil Wears Prada" actress explained to Vogue, noting that she also allowed herself "one coffee a day."
Besides that, she said, she took a "non-fuss, non-intense" approach to pregnancy and preparing for parenthood. As she told Vogue, "Everyone says don't go online and read as few books as you possibly can."
Blunt and Krasinski, 34, announced their daughter's birth via Twitter back in February. "Wanted to let the news out directly," the proud new dad tweeted. "Emily and I are so incredibly happy to welcome our daughter Hazel into the world today! Happy bday!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite