- Photo: Charley Gallay/GettyImages.com1 of 14
- Photo: Charles Gallay/GettyImages.com2 of 14
- Photo: Ryan/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/AP5 of 14
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks6 of 14
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks7 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks8 of 14
- Photo: Thelonius/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News10 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Justin Campbell/StarTraks12 of 14
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
By Chris Gardner
Who needs college when you can still have spring break, right? Just ask Emma Roberts. The busy actress, who postponed her studies at New York's Sarah Lawrence College, may be skipping the whole dorm room and midterm thing this semester, but she's still about to jet off on vacation with a gaggle of pals like so many college co-eds do mid-March.
Wonderwall caught up with Roberts on Tuesday during a sunny, patio-set luncheon at Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica, Calif., where she was helping designer Tracy Reese and winemaker Clos du Bois celebrate the pair's debut of a new line of designer picnic baskets called Clos du Bois Chic Picnique by Tracy Reese. She discussed her upcoming vacation, her decision to leave college, and why she's so obsessed with fashion.
Wonderwall: How rare is it for you to have lunch by the beach on a weekday?
Roberts: It's so nice! I've been wanting to come down by the beach this whole week, and I just haven't had time, so I was like 'Oh, an excuse to go? Yes, I'm there!'
WW: Are you happy with your decision to postpone your studies at Sarah Lawrence?
ER: I'm really happy. I loved being in school and I hope that I can continue to take classes [someday], but it was really hard being there all the time. I was living in a dorm, and I just missed working, so I needed more time to focus on it.
WW: I saw the photo you recently posted of yourself in a cap and gown on Instagram.
ER: Oh, that was from a movie! Everyone took it really seriously and I was like, 'Obviously that's not real!'
WW: Did wearing the ensemble make you think about your decision to leave college?
ER: No, actually! (laughs) It was for a role opposite John Cusack in a movie called "Adult World" and it was literally a one-second scene where I had that outfit on and I thought it would be funny to take a picture.
WW: How was it to work with John Cusack?
ER: It was so fun. It's this really cool indie comedy about a girl who wants to be a poet, and she's obsessed with this old washed-up poet played by John Cusack, and she kind of wants him to take her under his wing and mentor her. In the meantime, she works in a porn shop, so it's a very quirky movie.
WW: Do have your next project lined up?
ER: I'm signed on to "Empire State" which I just attached to, which is a really cool heist movie set in the '80s with Liam Hemsworth, so I'm excited about that. I start shooting in May.
WW: How are you balancing your personal life with work? Do you have any downtime at all?
ER: Yeah, I've been traveling. I'm going on vacation tomorrow. I haven't been on vacation in forever! So that will be fun, and then I'm going to New York and then I'm coming back here. So I am going to be traveling and having some fun time, as well as work!
WW: Is it rare for you to be able to take a real vacation?
ER: I haven't been on a vacation in years -- I can't remember the last time I was on vacation!
WW: Where are you going?
ER: Oh, I don't know where I'm going! I'm just getting on a plane with my friends.
WW: Oh really? How do you do that? Just show up to the airport and buy a ticket?
ER: We're just gonna… (pauses) I can't tell you where I am going because I genuinely don't know.
WW: Let's talk about something you do know about: fashion. What excites you the most about fashion?
ER: I am obsessed with fashion. It's just so fun to get dressed up and do your hair and makeup and go out and feel confident and fun. It's a way to express your personality. I love reading all the fashion magazines. My favorite thing to do at the airport is to get all the magazines, European and American, and sit on the plane and read all of them.
WW: You'll have some time for that on your trip! Aside from work and vacation, anything else you're excited to do this spring or summer?
ER: I just want to make more movies to be honest, and then spend some time with my family and my friends. And hopefully spend some time at the beach! I really need a tan.
- Brad Pitt's Changing Looks
- Hollywood's Hottest Dads
- Mark Wahlberg's Shirtless Looks
- Prince William & Duchess Kate's Cutest Couple Moments
- Stars with tattoos of other celebs
- Brooke Shields' Changing Looks
- Carrie Underwood's Evolving Looks
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Cast Yearbook Photos
- Worst Celeb Sunburns
- Celeb Twins
- Celebs Who Work Out on the Beach
- Country Music's Hottest Couples
- Worst spring wardrobes
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Romance Retro
- WATN: 'Boy Meets World'
- Tim McGraw's changing looks
- Craziest Kim Kardashian pregnancy rumors
- Celebs Who Look Like Their Pets
- Mariah & Nick's Matching Style
- Hollywood's Tomboys
- The Royal Couple's Favorite Sports
- Kim Kardashian's Curvy Maternity Style
- WATN: 'Jurassic Park'
- January Jones' Retro Looks
- The Rock's Soft Side
- WATN: 'Veronica Mars'
- WATN: 'Beetlejuice'
- Fergie's Changing Looks
- Star Twitter Quitters
- Hollywood's Hottest Ryans
- Insured Celebrity Body Parts
- Most Expensive Celeb Engagement Rings
- Sweetest Celeb PDA
- Kim Kardashian's Tightest Looks
- Olivia Wilde's Best Street Style
- Justin Timberlake's Many Looks
- Hottest Royal Beach Bodies
- Celebrity Pets with Famous Names
- Michelle Williams' Best Fashion Moments
- Lindsay Lohan's Changing Looks
- Justin Bieber's Changing Hair
- Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet
- WATN: '7th Heaven'
- Ke$ha's Worst Looks
- Worst Oscar Fashion
- George Clooney's Oscar Dates
- Most Embarrassing Celeb Splits
- Stars Before They Were Oscar Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Fashion Moments
- Rihanna's Sexiest Grammy Style
- Drew Barrymore's Craziest Looks
- Jennifer Aniston's Changing Looks
- Worst Dressed Celeb Designers
- Anne Hathaway's Oscar Looks
- Grammy's Hottest Couples
- Taylor Swift's Best Grammy Fashion
- WATN: 'Wonder Years'
- Destiny's Child's Most Iconic Looks
- Best Off-Season Bikini Bods
- Emma Stone's Best Red-Carpet Looks
- Celeb Flashers
- Mariah Carey's Biggest Feuds
- Mariah Carey's Wacky Wardrobe
- Britney Spears' Wackiest Red Carpet Poses
- Celeb Makeup Mistakes
- Ryan Gosling's Leading Ladies
- Nicole Kidman's Golden Globe Fashion
- Katy Perry's Year as a Single Gal
- Celebs Who've Removed Romantic Tattoos
- Most Memorable Celeb Holiday Cards
- Five of the Worst Celeb Winter Wardrobes
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Romance Retro
- Stars Who Are Aging in Reverse
- Christina Aguilera's Worst Looks
- 2012's One Hit Wonders
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Best and Worst Beach Bodies of 2012
- 2012 Fashion Don'ts
- Craziest Beauty Trends of 2012
- Celebs Who Survived Cheating Scandals
- The Turkeys of 2012
- Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Moments
- WATN: 'Less Than Zero'
- Star Couples Who Went from Friends to Lovers
- The Most Famous Celebrity Pets
- The Hottest Celebrity Halloween Costumes
- WATN: 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'
- Jessica Biel's White Hot Red Carpet Style
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite