Emma Watson casts off 'Potter' past in GQ
- Photo: Mark Seliger/GQ1 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Finn/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: Nylon/.9 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Hmm, now where have we seen that stretchy, cut-out onesie before?
Oh, yeah: on Vivian Ward.
When the new cover of GQ's British edition leaked this week, its May cover-star Emma Watson immediately began earning comparisons to Julia Roberts Circa "Pretty Woman."
And if it seems like a leap to connect pop culture's favorite hooker with a heart of gold to the "Harry Potter" hero, let's not forget that Watson's next role -- as a thief in the upcoming "Bling Ring" -- posits her as a lawbreaker-- one with a handful of tattoos, at that.
Watson's tats, which appear in the cover shoot as well in the movie, aren't real. But the spatter of dots on her hip and the "tramp stamp" adorning her lower back did help Watson, 22, get into character.
"When I read the script and I realized that essentially it was a meditation on fame and what it's become to our society, I had to do it," Watson tells GQ in a sneak peek that is circulating on the Internet.
"The character is everything that I felt strongly against -- she's superficial, materialistic, vain, amoral. She's all of these things and I realized that I hated her. How do you play someone you hate? But I found it really interesting and it gave me a whole new insight into what my job, or my role as an actress, could be."
Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring" hits theaters this summer.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite