Emma Watson casts off 'Potter' past in GQ
- Photo: Mark Seliger/GQ1 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Finn/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: Nylon/.9 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
Hmm, now where have we seen that stretchy, cut-out onesie before?
Oh, yeah: on Vivian Ward.
When the new cover of GQ's British edition leaked this week, its May cover-star Emma Watson immediately began earning comparisons to Julia Roberts Circa "Pretty Woman."
And if it seems like a leap to connect pop culture's favorite hooker with a heart of gold to the "Harry Potter" hero, let's not forget that Watson's next role -- as a thief in the upcoming "Bling Ring" -- posits her as a lawbreaker-- one with a handful of tattoos, at that.
Watson's tats, which appear in the cover shoot as well in the movie, aren't real. But the spatter of dots on her hip and the "tramp stamp" adorning her lower back did help Watson, 22, get into character.
"When I read the script and I realized that essentially it was a meditation on fame and what it's become to our society, I had to do it," Watson tells GQ in a sneak peek that is circulating on the Internet.
"The character is everything that I felt strongly against -- she's superficial, materialistic, vain, amoral. She's all of these things and I realized that I hated her. How do you play someone you hate? But I found it really interesting and it gave me a whole new insight into what my job, or my role as an actress, could be."
Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring" hits theaters this summer.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite