Emma Watson casts off 'Potter' past in GQ
- Photo: Mark Seliger/GQ1 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Finn/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: Nylon/.9 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- First Look: Meet Grimm's Newest Wesen: Octo-Man!MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 'Fight Club 2' Coming to Comics Courtesy of Book's Author Chuck PalahniukMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &
Hmm, now where have we seen that stretchy, cut-out onesie before?
Oh, yeah: on Vivian Ward.
When the new cover of GQ's British edition leaked this week, its May cover-star Emma Watson immediately began earning comparisons to Julia Roberts Circa "Pretty Woman."
And if it seems like a leap to connect pop culture's favorite hooker with a heart of gold to the "Harry Potter" hero, let's not forget that Watson's next role -- as a thief in the upcoming "Bling Ring" -- posits her as a lawbreaker-- one with a handful of tattoos, at that.
Watson's tats, which appear in the cover shoot as well in the movie, aren't real. But the spatter of dots on her hip and the "tramp stamp" adorning her lower back did help Watson, 22, get into character.
"When I read the script and I realized that essentially it was a meditation on fame and what it's become to our society, I had to do it," Watson tells GQ in a sneak peek that is circulating on the Internet.
"The character is everything that I felt strongly against -- she's superficial, materialistic, vain, amoral. She's all of these things and I realized that I hated her. How do you play someone you hate? But I found it really interesting and it gave me a whole new insight into what my job, or my role as an actress, could be."
Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring" hits theaters this summer.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite