Emma Watson: Fashion Helped Prove I Was Something Outside of 'Harry Potter'
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: AO1/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 13
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
From the beginning, Emma Watson wanted to show the world that she had a flair for stepping out in style, which meant wearing what other young actresses her age were afraid to wear.
"The press destroyed me over this Rodarte dress I wore once: It was bright blue with chains on it," the star told U.K. newspaper The Independent about stepping out in the daring number as a 19-year-old in 2009. "I loved it. And I wore a leather Christopher Kane dress [in 2010] with embroidered flowers all over it. It wasn't that crazy, but at the time…"
As it turns out, the 21-year-old Brit was able to fashion (no pun intended) her eye for style into a trait she became known for. (She landed a campaign for Burberry in 2009 and is currently the face for Lancome.) That, she says, helped balance out the fact that she'll forever be known as Hermione Granger from "Harry Potter."
"Fashion gave me a chance to feel like I was something outside of 'Potter,'" she said. "I'm a multidimensional person, and that's the freedom of fashion: that you're able to reinvent yourself through how you dress and how you cut your hair or whatever."
That couldn't be closer to the truth. Before the pixie cut was worn by Ashlee Simpson and Katherine Heigl, Watson made it famous when she chopped off her brunette locks in 2010, and she has been rocking the style ever since.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite