Emma Watson Named Highest-Grossing Actress of the Decade
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital4 of 6
- Photo: Robert E Klein/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Sorry Julia, Reese and Sandra. The actress who really ruled the past decade was ... Emma Watson.
The Guinness Book of World Records has named Watson, 19, as the biggest-grossing female star of the 00s; her film work in the past decade has grossed $5.4 billion in global box office receipts.
Cinching the young British actress's top spot was her co-starring role as Hermione Granger in the six "Harry Potter" films released so far. Fun fact: Watson's overall work actually earned even more in ticket sales than her male Harry Potter chums Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint. (Watson lent her voice to the 2008 animated hit "The Tale of Despereaux.")
Who's the second top-earning actress of the decade? Not Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon or Sandra Bullock: it's Dame Maggie Smith, the revered British actress and fellow "Harry Potter" star (Hogwarts teacher Minerva McGonagall).
What about the men? Guinness names Samuel L. Jackson of "Star Wars" and other films, but Entertainment Weekly begs to differ, crowning Orlando Bloom, who commanded $6.5 billion in ticket sales in mega-franchises the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Lord of the Rings."
Currently an Ivy League student at Brown University in Rhode Island, Watson will next appear in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Parts 1 and 2 in 2010 and 2011.
More on Wonderwall:
More on MSN:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite