Emma Watson shocked by forward American men
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Nylon/.3 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson is still trying to come to terms with American men because they are much more forward than guys back home in Britain.
The actress admits she suffered a bit of a culture shock when she became a student at Brown University as she was asked out on a date within days of arriving -- not something she is used to after dating Brits.
She tells talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "English guys are very well put together. They dress really well and they are very well mannered, but they are also very restrained."
"Usually, in the whole courting situation, I'm used to being, first of all, ignored for the first two months of the ritual. And then, maybe they'll acknowledge my presence. Then, they'll probably be a little mean to me. And then, maybe, well, you know, whatever."
"Then I arrive in America and I remember a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, 'I like you. You're great. Let's go on a date. Let's do it.' I'm like, 'I'm sorry, what just happened?' This is, like, a huge culture shock for me."
She is also not sure about American guys' style: "They're very open and very straightforward, but they wear flip-flops and I don't know if I like that."
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite