Emma Watson shocked by forward American men
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Nylon/.3 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- REPORT: Christian Bale is Going to be a Dad AgainMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:12:00 PM
- Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight.Com Re-Launching This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:41:00 PM
- 'Nymphomaniac' Reviews: Is Lars von Triers' Latest Sexy or Stupid?MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:15:00 PM
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:56:31 AM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theft
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson is still trying to come to terms with American men because they are much more forward than guys back home in Britain.
The actress admits she suffered a bit of a culture shock when she became a student at Brown University as she was asked out on a date within days of arriving -- not something she is used to after dating Brits.
She tells talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "English guys are very well put together. They dress really well and they are very well mannered, but they are also very restrained."
"Usually, in the whole courting situation, I'm used to being, first of all, ignored for the first two months of the ritual. And then, maybe they'll acknowledge my presence. Then, they'll probably be a little mean to me. And then, maybe, well, you know, whatever."
"Then I arrive in America and I remember a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, 'I like you. You're great. Let's go on a date. Let's do it.' I'm like, 'I'm sorry, what just happened?' This is, like, a huge culture shock for me."
She is also not sure about American guys' style: "They're very open and very straightforward, but they wear flip-flops and I don't know if I like that."
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
"Shahs of Sunset" star Reza Farahan talks about his recent outburst on the show, the future with his boyfriend Adam and more!Watch Video »
Miranda Kerr chats about this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and more with Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite