Emma Watson shocked by forward American men
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Nylon/.3 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson is still trying to come to terms with American men because they are much more forward than guys back home in Britain.
The actress admits she suffered a bit of a culture shock when she became a student at Brown University as she was asked out on a date within days of arriving -- not something she is used to after dating Brits.
She tells talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "English guys are very well put together. They dress really well and they are very well mannered, but they are also very restrained."
"Usually, in the whole courting situation, I'm used to being, first of all, ignored for the first two months of the ritual. And then, maybe they'll acknowledge my presence. Then, they'll probably be a little mean to me. And then, maybe, well, you know, whatever."
"Then I arrive in America and I remember a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, 'I like you. You're great. Let's go on a date. Let's do it.' I'm like, 'I'm sorry, what just happened?' This is, like, a huge culture shock for me."
She is also not sure about American guys' style: "They're very open and very straightforward, but they wear flip-flops and I don't know if I like that."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite