Emma Watson shocked by forward American men
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Nylon/.3 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:40:15 AM
- 'Transcendence' Review: Johnny Depp Is a Ghost in the Machine in This Bug-Riddled MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 9:01:00 PM
- Bad Bangs: The Making of Billy Bob Thornton's Demented Fargo LookMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 8:46:00 PM
- 'Roswell' Stars to Reunite at ATX Television FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:20:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Review: Even Skeptics Can Find This Tale Humane and Even-HandMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:05:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDT
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson is still trying to come to terms with American men because they are much more forward than guys back home in Britain.
The actress admits she suffered a bit of a culture shock when she became a student at Brown University as she was asked out on a date within days of arriving -- not something she is used to after dating Brits.
She tells talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "English guys are very well put together. They dress really well and they are very well mannered, but they are also very restrained."
"Usually, in the whole courting situation, I'm used to being, first of all, ignored for the first two months of the ritual. And then, maybe they'll acknowledge my presence. Then, they'll probably be a little mean to me. And then, maybe, well, you know, whatever."
"Then I arrive in America and I remember a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, 'I like you. You're great. Let's go on a date. Let's do it.' I'm like, 'I'm sorry, what just happened?' This is, like, a huge culture shock for me."
She is also not sure about American guys' style: "They're very open and very straightforward, but they wear flip-flops and I don't know if I like that."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite