Emma Watson shocked by forward American men
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Nylon/.3 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence RemarksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:59:00 PM
- FCC Takes Aim at Time Warner Cable in Dodgers DisputeMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:50:00 PM
- CW's Arrow Finds Its Wildcat in J.R. RamirezMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:40:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence Remarks
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson is still trying to come to terms with American men because they are much more forward than guys back home in Britain.
The actress admits she suffered a bit of a culture shock when she became a student at Brown University as she was asked out on a date within days of arriving -- not something she is used to after dating Brits.
She tells talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "English guys are very well put together. They dress really well and they are very well mannered, but they are also very restrained."
"Usually, in the whole courting situation, I'm used to being, first of all, ignored for the first two months of the ritual. And then, maybe they'll acknowledge my presence. Then, they'll probably be a little mean to me. And then, maybe, well, you know, whatever."
"Then I arrive in America and I remember a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, 'I like you. You're great. Let's go on a date. Let's do it.' I'm like, 'I'm sorry, what just happened?' This is, like, a huge culture shock for me."
She is also not sure about American guys' style: "They're very open and very straightforward, but they wear flip-flops and I don't know if I like that."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite