Ethan Hawke hangs out with ex-wife Uma Thurman at Sundance Film Festival
- Photo: Laura Rauch/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 7
- Photo: Brad Barket/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Some bonds can never be broken. It's been 10 years since Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman separated -- and eight since they finalized their divorce -- but the "Before Midnight" actor and the "Nymphomaniac" actress are still in each other's lives. They even enjoyed some friendly one-on-one time at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.
A source tells Us Weekly the exes went skiing together over the weekend of Jan. 18, and also had lunch with their kids at the Stein Eriksen Lodge. (The former couple share daughter Maya, 15, and son Levon, 11.) Hawke was there to promote "Boyhood," his new movie with Richard Linklater, and Thurman showed up for a special secret screening of Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac."
"They seemed very comfortable," the onlooker observed of the ex husband and wife. "They looked like a normal, happy family. No tension."
Hawke and Thurman, both 43, met while filming their movie "Gattaca" in 1996 and tied the knot two years later in 1998. They separated after five years of marriage in 2003.
In the decade since, both stars have found love with other people. "The Taking Lives" actor and second wife Ryan Hawke (nee Shawhughes) wed in 2008 and have two young daughters, Clementine and Indiana; Thurman has been with Arpad Busson on-and-off since 2007 and gave birth to their daughter, Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson, in 2012.
Speaking about their marriage in an interview with Mr. Porter's November 2013 issue, Hawke recalled falling for his ex-wife on set. "'Gattaca' was a great moment in my life and a great moment in Uma Thurman's life, and we fell madly in love and wanted to do all that," he said.
"We tried to be as optimistic as we could be: We all want to believe in love and the possibility of love," he added. "The older you get, the more you realize how powerful love is. You understand the right ways for emotion to lead your life and the dangerous ways. I don't regret marrying early."
Incidentally, he told Elle in September that he "had no business taking vows that would last more than two weeks" when he was 27 years old. "The world felt out of control. And I wanted to stop it from spinning so fast," he explained. "I thought marriage would decrease my variables or something. I was absolutely wrong."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMagical Mermaid
From Crowd Ignite