Eva Mendes tested dog shock collar on herself
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News5 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: VLB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News10 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: © Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Nightcrawler' to Close Fantastic FestMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:11:00 PM
- Zach Galifianakis Comedy 'Baskets' Gets Series Order From FXMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:01:00 PM
- FX Orders a Clown Comedy Starring Zach Galifianakis, Co-Created by Louis C.K.MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:00:00 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. Thinks 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Might Be the 'Best MarMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 1:54:00 PM
- Katherine Heigl Dismisses $6 Million Lawsuit Against Drugstore Chain Duane ReadeMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 1:51:00 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Nightcrawler' to Close Fantastic Fest
Actress Eva Mendes tested her dog's shock collar on herself before putting it on her beloved pet to make sure the device was safe for her pooch.
The "Hitch" star invested in a special collar to prevent Hugo, her Belgian Shepherd, from harming smaller animals.
However, she was so concerned the gadget would hurt her pet, she tried it out on her own arm first -- and was surprised by the powerful jolt it gave out. Mendes tells talk show host David Letterman "All he (Hugo) wants to do is prove his love to me, you know, all he wants to do is kill for me. It's so sweet. (But) I'd feel terrible if he hurt a little thing so I try to get in there and I use - people always get mad at me for this - but I use a shock collar on him and I have the remote. But I've tried it on myself at all levels. I swear!...
RELATED: BING: Moonlighting Celebs
"I do not do it on my neck. I tested it on my arm. It's more than a tingle, it's way more than tingle. Oh, remember when we were kids and we had that jokey thing where you shake hands and ahh that thing (hand buzzer)? It's like that but intensified the higher you go with the levels."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite