Eva Mendes tested dog shock collar on herself
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News5 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: VLB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News10 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: © Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Sundance Premieres Include Roger Ebert, Whitey Bulger Documentaries, 'The Raid 2MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 1:00:01 PM
- Don't Worry Christian Bale, You're in Good Box-Office Bomb CompanyMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 12:59:53 PM
- 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Hustle,' 'Gravity&MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 12:00:54 PM
- Legendary Acquires 'The Kennedys' Producer Asylum Entertainment (Corrected)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 11:56:40 AM
- Showtime's 'Californication' Returns for 7th and Final Season in AprilMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 11:21:21 AM
- Sundance Premieres Include Roger Ebert, Whitey Bulger Documentaries, 'The Raid 2
Actress Eva Mendes tested her dog's shock collar on herself before putting it on her beloved pet to make sure the device was safe for her pooch.
The "Hitch" star invested in a special collar to prevent Hugo, her Belgian Shepherd, from harming smaller animals.
However, she was so concerned the gadget would hurt her pet, she tried it out on her own arm first -- and was surprised by the powerful jolt it gave out. Mendes tells talk show host David Letterman "All he (Hugo) wants to do is prove his love to me, you know, all he wants to do is kill for me. It's so sweet. (But) I'd feel terrible if he hurt a little thing so I try to get in there and I use - people always get mad at me for this - but I use a shock collar on him and I have the remote. But I've tried it on myself at all levels. I swear!...
RELATED: BING: Moonlighting Celebs
"I do not do it on my neck. I tested it on my arm. It's more than a tingle, it's way more than tingle. Oh, remember when we were kids and we had that jokey thing where you shake hands and ahh that thing (hand buzzer)? It's like that but intensified the higher you go with the levels."
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Bells
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite