Evan Rachel Wood: Kate Winslet Helped Me Film Nude Scene
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 5
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: Andy Kropa/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Married in FranceMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 5:57:00 AM
- California Super-Sizes Its Film, TV Tax Credit ProgramMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:47:00 AM
- Shonda Rhimes to Make Acting Debut on 'The Mindy Project'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:01:00 AM
- 'Rosewater' Review: Jon Stewart Gets Earnest With a Real-Life Story of Middle EastMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 12:00:00 AM
- John Lennon's Killer: 'Sorry for Being Such an Idiot'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Married in France
When the time came for Evan Rachel Wood to bare all in the HBO miniseries "Mildred Pierce" (premiering March 27), the 23-year-old actress sought the advice of someone who's done it many times before: her co-star, Kate Winslet.
"She coached me through my first nude scene," Wood told E! News on Monday. "I mean, she's done it all. She was literally next to the camera going [thumbs-up]."
Still, the Oscar-winning actress, 35, managed to persuade Wood to cover up as much as possible.
"I looked at Kate and she was like, 'You've got to do it. Trust me, it's so brave,'" Wood recalled during an interview with Fancast.com. "'Put a merkin on and you'll be fine.'" (A merkin is a pubic wig.)
"Let's just say, I had to wear a wig because it was in the '30s, and everything had to look like it was in the '30s," Wood laughed.
Winslet also advised her young costar to keep the number of on-set spectators to a minimum.
"You keep the room as empty as possible," Winslet advised. "Just kind of being there for her, really, and letting her know there was someone to hold her hand and throw a robe over her at the right moment...made her feel better."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite