Evan Rachel Wood on her bisexuality: I was "really nervous" to tell my family
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Boris Issaei/NPG3 of 7
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 7
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America6 of 7
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Pregnant, bisexual and proud! After coming out as bisexual in 2011, Evan Rachel Wood is now married to Jamie Bell and pregnant with their first child. The 25-year-old A Case of You actress opens up in a new interview with The Daily Beast about why she decided to come out two years ago, and how she's preparing for the arrival of her baby.
"It's become more socially acceptable. With me, the reason why I came out is because I felt like now was the time to no longer be silent about it," Wood shared. "I wanted to wait for the right time and wait to have enough years under my belt where people knew that it wasn't a phase or anything and I wasn't doing it for attention; this is a part of who I am, and I'm old enough to really know who I am by now. And I had to wait until I told my family, too, which I was really nervous about! And I have a really chill, understanding family, too."
And that includes her husband. The "Mildred Pierce" actress dated British actor Jamie Bell from 2005 to 2008, and then rekindled their romance in 2011. They married in October 2012. (Us Weekly broke news of the nuptials.)
"That's the real test: If you can go away and come back," Wood said of their relationship. "It just never went away. Sometimes, you break up with people and it goes away, but this only got worse. It felt like a fate thing — this thing inside both of us that felt like we needed to be together."
But before long the couple will become a happy family of three! Wood told The Daily Beast that she's "in the home stretch" of her pregnancy and has been busy getting ready.
Wood has been crocheting a baby blanket -- playing music to her bump. "My friend Toby got me this belt that you put around the belly so it's like Surround Sound," she shared, "and I found all these great lullaby renditions of rock 'n roll songs, like Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, and Radiohead. It's awesome."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite