Evan Rachel Wood on her bisexuality: I was "really nervous" to tell my family
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Boris Issaei/NPG3 of 7
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 7
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
Pregnant, bisexual and proud! After coming out as bisexual in 2011, Evan Rachel Wood is now married to Jamie Bell and pregnant with their first child. The 25-year-old A Case of You actress opens up in a new interview with The Daily Beast about why she decided to come out two years ago, and how she's preparing for the arrival of her baby.
"It's become more socially acceptable. With me, the reason why I came out is because I felt like now was the time to no longer be silent about it," Wood shared. "I wanted to wait for the right time and wait to have enough years under my belt where people knew that it wasn't a phase or anything and I wasn't doing it for attention; this is a part of who I am, and I'm old enough to really know who I am by now. And I had to wait until I told my family, too, which I was really nervous about! And I have a really chill, understanding family, too."
And that includes her husband. The "Mildred Pierce" actress dated British actor Jamie Bell from 2005 to 2008, and then rekindled their romance in 2011. They married in October 2012. (Us Weekly broke news of the nuptials.)
"That's the real test: If you can go away and come back," Wood said of their relationship. "It just never went away. Sometimes, you break up with people and it goes away, but this only got worse. It felt like a fate thing — this thing inside both of us that felt like we needed to be together."
But before long the couple will become a happy family of three! Wood told The Daily Beast that she's "in the home stretch" of her pregnancy and has been busy getting ready.
Wood has been crocheting a baby blanket -- playing music to her bump. "My friend Toby got me this belt that you put around the belly so it's like Surround Sound," she shared, "and I found all these great lullaby renditions of rock 'n roll songs, like Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, and Radiohead. It's awesome."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite