Evan Rachel Wood Thanks Ricki Lake for Inspiring Her Natural Home Birth
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA2 of 18
- Photo: Bryan/NPG3 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 18
- Photo: WhoSay5 of 18
- Photo: WhoSay6 of 18
- Photo: WhoSay7 of 18
- Photo: WhoSay8 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 18
- Photo: MSF/ZOJ/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 18
- Photo: KVS/Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 18
- Photo: KVS/Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 18
- Photo: Boris Issaei/NPG15 of 18
- Photo: JKING/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Flynet17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Just a few days in, Evan Rachel Wood's transition into motherhood seems like it's been smooth sailing thus far -- and the "Mildred Pierce" actress has a rather unexpected pal to thank for that. The first-time mom took to Twitter on Tuesday, July 30, to express her gratitude to daytime talk show host Ricki Lake for her documentary "The Business of Being Born."
"I have to say thank you Ricki Lake for your inspiring documentary 'the business of being born,'" the 25-year-old actress wrote. "I never knew I had a choice when it came to labor. It taught me so much & aided my decision in having a natural home birth which my son & I are now forever grateful for."
Lake, 44, responded shortly afterward with her own kind note.
"You are so welcome," the talk show host and "Dancing With the Stars" alum said. "Overjoyed to hear you had a positive birth experience & a beautiful son!"
Wood and her husband, Jamie Bell, 27, recently welcomed their first son together and shared the news in a series of sweet tweets on Twitter earlier this week.
"Wow! What a day. Evan you are my warrior!" Bell wrote. "You never cease to amaze. Thank you for birthing our son so naturally & peacefully. You did it!"
Lake's 2008 film addresses America's clinical approach to the birthing process, and suggests alternative birth practices. A follow-up film, "The Business of Being Born Two," features interviews with celebrity moms, including Cindy Crawford, Alanis Morissette, Gisele Bundchen, Christy Turlington and Alyson Hannigan.
Wood's own journey to motherhood has been a learning experience. The actress often took to Twitter throughout her pregnancy to share a few thoughts about her changing body and cravings.
"Whoa. Whoa. Peanut Butter Pop Tarts?!" she wrote on July 9. "Of course, because I can't smoke any weed right now. Dammit!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite