Evan Rachel Wood Thanks Ricki Lake for Inspiring Her Natural Home Birth
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA2 of 18
- Photo: Bryan/NPG3 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 18
- Photo: WhoSay5 of 18
- Photo: WhoSay6 of 18
- Photo: WhoSay7 of 18
- Photo: WhoSay8 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 18
- Photo: MSF/ZOJ/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 18
- Photo: KVS/Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 18
- Photo: KVS/Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 18
- Photo: Boris Issaei/NPG15 of 18
- Photo: JKING/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Flynet17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: Naked DatingMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:22:00 AM
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&aMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 5:37:00 AM
- New York Times Issues Response to Wikipedia Plagiarism ChargeMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:16:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Scores With Outrageous Twitter ReactionsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Mocks Orlando Bloom With Weepy Photo: Hollywood Twitter Takes the BaitMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:29:00 PM
- Watch This Tonight: Naked Dating
Just a few days in, Evan Rachel Wood's transition into motherhood seems like it's been smooth sailing thus far -- and the "Mildred Pierce" actress has a rather unexpected pal to thank for that. The first-time mom took to Twitter on Tuesday, July 30, to express her gratitude to daytime talk show host Ricki Lake for her documentary "The Business of Being Born."
"I have to say thank you Ricki Lake for your inspiring documentary 'the business of being born,'" the 25-year-old actress wrote. "I never knew I had a choice when it came to labor. It taught me so much & aided my decision in having a natural home birth which my son & I are now forever grateful for."
Lake, 44, responded shortly afterward with her own kind note.
"You are so welcome," the talk show host and "Dancing With the Stars" alum said. "Overjoyed to hear you had a positive birth experience & a beautiful son!"
Wood and her husband, Jamie Bell, 27, recently welcomed their first son together and shared the news in a series of sweet tweets on Twitter earlier this week.
"Wow! What a day. Evan you are my warrior!" Bell wrote. "You never cease to amaze. Thank you for birthing our son so naturally & peacefully. You did it!"
Lake's 2008 film addresses America's clinical approach to the birthing process, and suggests alternative birth practices. A follow-up film, "The Business of Being Born Two," features interviews with celebrity moms, including Cindy Crawford, Alanis Morissette, Gisele Bundchen, Christy Turlington and Alyson Hannigan.
Wood's own journey to motherhood has been a learning experience. The actress often took to Twitter throughout her pregnancy to share a few thoughts about her changing body and cravings.
"Whoa. Whoa. Peanut Butter Pop Tarts?!" she wrote on July 9. "Of course, because I can't smoke any weed right now. Dammit!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite