Famed French actor Gerard Depardieu nabbed driving drunk, police say
- Photo: BB3/HSS/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: WENN2 of 8
- Photo: WENN3 of 8
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: SP6/HSS/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: JACQUES BRINON/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Graham Hughes/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
The Associated Press
PARIS (AP) -- French actor Gerard Depardieu was detained Thursday for allegedly driving drunk on his scooter, police said.
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan arrested
The 63-year-old actor, who has appeared in more than 150 films, was brought in to a Paris police station Thursday afternoon, an official with the Paris police department said.
The Paris prosecutor's office ordered him detained, the official said. She spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to discuss ongoing investigations.
The burly actor was picked up off after he fell off his scooter in northwest Paris, the Sipa news agency reported. He failed a sobriety test and was taken to a police station, according to Sipa.
RELATED: Who got busted this year?
A call to Depardieu's management company was not returned Thursday night.
Thursday's incident was one of several encounters with the law for Depardieu. He grabbed headlines when he urinated in the aisle of a plane before takeoff on a Paris to Dublin flight. He was removed from the aircraft.
In 1998, he crashed his motorcycle when his blood-alcohol limit was five times over the legal level, escaping with leg and face injuries.
Depardieu, a bon vivant who overcame a speech impediment and a childhood of neglect to become one of France's most popular and versatile film stars, was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in 1990 film "Cyrano de Bergerac."
RELATED: Bobbi Kristina crashes her car
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out a slew of new selfies including Kim Zolciak-Biermann’s post-babies body, Lady Gaga snuggling with Taylor Kinney and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite