Famed French actor Gerard Depardieu nabbed driving drunk, police say
- Photo: BB3/HSS/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: WENN2 of 8
- Photo: WENN3 of 8
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: SP6/HSS/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: JACQUES BRINON/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Graham Hughes/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Richard Linklater to Receive Founder's Directing Award from San Francisco Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:00:00 PM
- George Zimmerman's Parents Sue Roseanne Barr, Say She Sent 'Lynch Mob' AfMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:53:00 PM
- 'Bates Motel' Star Olivia Cooke in Talks for Lead in 'Me & Earl &MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:30:00 PM
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind AuditionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:21:00 PM
- Little People, Big World's Matt and Amy Roloff SeparateMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Richard Linklater to Receive Founder's Directing Award from San Francisco Film Festival
The Associated Press
PARIS (AP) -- French actor Gerard Depardieu was detained Thursday for allegedly driving drunk on his scooter, police said.
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan arrested
The 63-year-old actor, who has appeared in more than 150 films, was brought in to a Paris police station Thursday afternoon, an official with the Paris police department said.
The Paris prosecutor's office ordered him detained, the official said. She spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to discuss ongoing investigations.
The burly actor was picked up off after he fell off his scooter in northwest Paris, the Sipa news agency reported. He failed a sobriety test and was taken to a police station, according to Sipa.
RELATED: Who got busted this year?
A call to Depardieu's management company was not returned Thursday night.
Thursday's incident was one of several encounters with the law for Depardieu. He grabbed headlines when he urinated in the aisle of a plane before takeoff on a Paris to Dublin flight. He was removed from the aircraft.
In 1998, he crashed his motorcycle when his blood-alcohol limit was five times over the legal level, escaping with leg and face injuries.
Depardieu, a bon vivant who overcame a speech impediment and a childhood of neglect to become one of France's most popular and versatile film stars, was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in 1990 film "Cyrano de Bergerac."
RELATED: Bobbi Kristina crashes her car
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite