Family: Brittany Murphy was ill days before death
- Photo: Max Nash/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: HG1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Zooey Deschanel, Anton Yelchin to Star in Dark Comedy 'The Driftless Area'MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 12:15:00 PM
- Exclusive: Community Brings Back Donald Glover For Its Latest Movie Poster ParodyMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 12:01:00 PM
- Charlize Theron and Andy Samberg to Host SNLMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 11:50:00 AM
- Bravo Developing Scripted Drama From Jennifer GarnerMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 11:26:00 AM
- Andrew Garfield, Charlize Theron and Andy Samberg to Host May 'SNL'sMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 11:02:00 AM
- Zooey Deschanel, Anton Yelchin to Star in Dark Comedy 'The Driftless Area'
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Brittany Murphy's family told Los Angeles officials the actress was ill with flu-like symptoms in the days before her death at age 32.
The 32-year-old star of films such as "Clueless" and "8 Mile" died Sunday morning after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says they will conduct an autopsy Monday to try to determine what killed the actress. Winter says the reported illness could be a contributing factor to her death, but that it will be weeks before a final determination is made.
Winter says Murphy's death appears to be from natural causes.
Winter says prescription medications were taken from Murphy's home and officials will contact her personal physician to get a better sense of her medical history.
Funeral arrangements for Murphy have not been announced.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite