Family: Brittany Murphy was ill days before death
- Photo: Max Nash/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: HG1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Brittany Murphy's family told Los Angeles officials the actress was ill with flu-like symptoms in the days before her death at age 32.
The 32-year-old star of films such as "Clueless" and "8 Mile" died Sunday morning after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says they will conduct an autopsy Monday to try to determine what killed the actress. Winter says the reported illness could be a contributing factor to her death, but that it will be weeks before a final determination is made.
Winter says Murphy's death appears to be from natural causes.
Winter says prescription medications were taken from Murphy's home and officials will contact her personal physician to get a better sense of her medical history.
Funeral arrangements for Murphy have not been announced.
From Crowd Ignite