- Photo: KBA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: AW3/Arnold Wells/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Patriot Pics/Promotional4 of 11
- Photo: GSI/.5 of 11
- Photo: FXMX/Wonderwall6 of 11
- Photo: Loki/NPG7 of 11
- Photo: Justin/Erik/NPG8 of 11
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Pictures9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
NEW YORK (AP) -- Actor Matthew McConaughey credits his growing family for the success that 2012 brought him.
RELATED: Matthew McConaughey welcomes a baby
"One, they ground you. Two, when you have that kind of structure at home and you feel stable at home it makes it much easier to fly higher and wider when you're outside of home," McConaughey said Monday at the New York Film Critics Circle Awards.
The 43-year-old received the Best Supporting Actor honor for "Magic Mike" and "Bernie." He garnered critical success in 2012 for "Mud" and "The Paperboy," both shown in competition at the Cannes Film Festival.
"Got a great family that loves what I do, they're happy for papa when papa is happy. Papa is happy when he's working, and they like it when papa goes to work," he said of his busy year.
"Things that I've been working on came to fruition personally, workwise, healthwise. And we just decided to embrace it all -- myself, my family -- decided to embrace it all," he said. "Even when it was work that I was doing that my family wasn't necessarily doing, my family was pushing me to go: 'Go get it on. Do it. We're right behind you. We got it.'"
RELATED: Celebrity dad-kid lookalikes
McConaughey married long-time girlfriend Camila Alves in June. He announced last month on his Whosay page that Alves had given birth to their third child, Livingston, on Dec. 28.
"Livingston had a lot to say this morning," he joked. "He had a mouthful of milk. That's what he had."
McConaughey said his older children, 4-year-old son, Levi, and 3-year-old daughter, Vida, were excited about the NYFCC award, but even more excited about his return home in Texas.
"They're like, 'Get the trophy and come back home,'" he said. "I said, 'I'm coming back home.'"
RELATED: Matthew's life as a father
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite