Fergie, Josh Duhamel after baby Axl's birth: 'All is good!'
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters2 of 11
- Photo: JD/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Rachel Murray/Getty Images North America7 of 11
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: ERIC THAYER/Reuters9 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Five days after his son's birth, Duhamel, 40, tweeted, "Sorry about the absence. I truly appreciate all of your well wishes. All is good! In fact, never better. Much love, JD."
The "Safe Haven" actor's wife, Fergie, 38, gave birth to Axl -- weighing 7 pounds, 10 ounces -- in L.A. A source close the Black Eyed Peas singer told Us Weekly that their son's name was an homage to Axl Rose, the frontman of Fergie's favorite band, Guns 'N Roses.
"Fergie is a huge Guns 'N Roses fan -- one of her career highlights has been performing and recording with Slash -- so Axl makes perfect sense," the insider explained.
The spouses of four years were well-prepared to welcome their first child at the end of August. Duhamel told Us on Aug. 20 that they had their hospital bag packed, and the couple tweeted on Aug. 27 that "Dog Whisperer" star Cesar Millan helped prepare their dog, Zoe, for the baby's arrival.
But two nights before Axl was born, Duhamel appeared on "The Tonight Show" and confessed he had some pre-fatherhood jitters. "You know, I gotta tell you, I'm a little bit nervous," he told Jay Leno. "I thought that I was going to be good. I thought that I was ready for this, and I'm a little bit terrified. I'm excited and terrified, because I am responsible for this little thing. Forever."
MORE FROM WONDERWAL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite