Fergie, Josh Duhamel after baby Axl's birth: 'All is good!'
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters2 of 11
- Photo: JD/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Rachel Murray/Getty Images North America7 of 11
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: ERIC THAYER/Reuters9 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Five days after his son's birth, Duhamel, 40, tweeted, "Sorry about the absence. I truly appreciate all of your well wishes. All is good! In fact, never better. Much love, JD."
The "Safe Haven" actor's wife, Fergie, 38, gave birth to Axl -- weighing 7 pounds, 10 ounces -- in L.A. A source close the Black Eyed Peas singer told Us Weekly that their son's name was an homage to Axl Rose, the frontman of Fergie's favorite band, Guns 'N Roses.
"Fergie is a huge Guns 'N Roses fan -- one of her career highlights has been performing and recording with Slash -- so Axl makes perfect sense," the insider explained.
The spouses of four years were well-prepared to welcome their first child at the end of August. Duhamel told Us on Aug. 20 that they had their hospital bag packed, and the couple tweeted on Aug. 27 that "Dog Whisperer" star Cesar Millan helped prepare their dog, Zoe, for the baby's arrival.
But two nights before Axl was born, Duhamel appeared on "The Tonight Show" and confessed he had some pre-fatherhood jitters. "You know, I gotta tell you, I'm a little bit nervous," he told Jay Leno. "I thought that I was going to be good. I thought that I was ready for this, and I'm a little bit terrified. I'm excited and terrified, because I am responsible for this little thing. Forever."
MORE FROM WONDERWAL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jake Talks 'Code'
Watch as Jake Gyllenhaal talks about his upcoming flick "Source Code."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite