Fergie, Josh Duhamel after baby Axl's birth: 'All is good!'
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters2 of 11
- Photo: JD/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Rachel Murray/Getty Images North America7 of 11
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: ERIC THAYER/Reuters9 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
Five days after his son's birth, Duhamel, 40, tweeted, "Sorry about the absence. I truly appreciate all of your well wishes. All is good! In fact, never better. Much love, JD."
The "Safe Haven" actor's wife, Fergie, 38, gave birth to Axl -- weighing 7 pounds, 10 ounces -- in L.A. A source close the Black Eyed Peas singer told Us Weekly that their son's name was an homage to Axl Rose, the frontman of Fergie's favorite band, Guns 'N Roses.
"Fergie is a huge Guns 'N Roses fan -- one of her career highlights has been performing and recording with Slash -- so Axl makes perfect sense," the insider explained.
The spouses of four years were well-prepared to welcome their first child at the end of August. Duhamel told Us on Aug. 20 that they had their hospital bag packed, and the couple tweeted on Aug. 27 that "Dog Whisperer" star Cesar Millan helped prepare their dog, Zoe, for the baby's arrival.
But two nights before Axl was born, Duhamel appeared on "The Tonight Show" and confessed he had some pre-fatherhood jitters. "You know, I gotta tell you, I'm a little bit nervous," he told Jay Leno. "I thought that I was going to be good. I thought that I was ready for this, and I'm a little bit terrified. I'm excited and terrified, because I am responsible for this little thing. Forever."
MORE FROM WONDERWAL:
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite