Fergie, Josh Duhamel after baby Axl's birth: 'All is good!'
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters2 of 11
- Photo: JD/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Rachel Murray/Getty Images North America7 of 11
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: ERIC THAYER/Reuters9 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Decoding Annie Parker' Starring Helen Hunt, Samantha Morton Picked Up By eOne FilMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:57:26 PM
- 'Anchorman' Ron Burgundy ESPN Gig Canceled Due to Jameis Winston CoverageMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:47:39 PM
- Song Smashup Showdown: Which 2013 Year-End Pop Music Collaboration Is Best?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:39:52 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Epic' Director Chris Wedge Calls Animated Filmmaking a MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:32:13 PM
- 'The Fifth Beatle' Movie Adds Peyton Reed as DirectorMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:15:51 PM
- 'Decoding Annie Parker' Starring Helen Hunt, Samantha Morton Picked Up By eOne Fil
Five days after his son's birth, Duhamel, 40, tweeted, "Sorry about the absence. I truly appreciate all of your well wishes. All is good! In fact, never better. Much love, JD."
The "Safe Haven" actor's wife, Fergie, 38, gave birth to Axl -- weighing 7 pounds, 10 ounces -- in L.A. A source close the Black Eyed Peas singer told Us Weekly that their son's name was an homage to Axl Rose, the frontman of Fergie's favorite band, Guns 'N Roses.
"Fergie is a huge Guns 'N Roses fan -- one of her career highlights has been performing and recording with Slash -- so Axl makes perfect sense," the insider explained.
The spouses of four years were well-prepared to welcome their first child at the end of August. Duhamel told Us on Aug. 20 that they had their hospital bag packed, and the couple tweeted on Aug. 27 that "Dog Whisperer" star Cesar Millan helped prepare their dog, Zoe, for the baby's arrival.
But two nights before Axl was born, Duhamel appeared on "The Tonight Show" and confessed he had some pre-fatherhood jitters. "You know, I gotta tell you, I'm a little bit nervous," he told Jay Leno. "I thought that I was going to be good. I thought that I was ready for this, and I'm a little bit terrified. I'm excited and terrified, because I am responsible for this little thing. Forever."
MORE FROM WONDERWAL:
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite