Fergie, Josh Duhamel after baby Axl's birth: 'All is good!'
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters2 of 11
- Photo: JD/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Rachel Murray/Getty Images North America7 of 11
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: ERIC THAYER/Reuters9 of 11
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
Five days after his son's birth, Duhamel, 40, tweeted, "Sorry about the absence. I truly appreciate all of your well wishes. All is good! In fact, never better. Much love, JD."
The "Safe Haven" actor's wife, Fergie, 38, gave birth to Axl -- weighing 7 pounds, 10 ounces -- in L.A. A source close the Black Eyed Peas singer told Us Weekly that their son's name was an homage to Axl Rose, the frontman of Fergie's favorite band, Guns 'N Roses.
"Fergie is a huge Guns 'N Roses fan -- one of her career highlights has been performing and recording with Slash -- so Axl makes perfect sense," the insider explained.
The spouses of four years were well-prepared to welcome their first child at the end of August. Duhamel told Us on Aug. 20 that they had their hospital bag packed, and the couple tweeted on Aug. 27 that "Dog Whisperer" star Cesar Millan helped prepare their dog, Zoe, for the baby's arrival.
But two nights before Axl was born, Duhamel appeared on "The Tonight Show" and confessed he had some pre-fatherhood jitters. "You know, I gotta tell you, I'm a little bit nervous," he told Jay Leno. "I thought that I was going to be good. I thought that I was ready for this, and I'm a little bit terrified. I'm excited and terrified, because I am responsible for this little thing. Forever."
MORE FROM WONDERWAL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite