Forest Whitaker's representative takes aim at shoplifting allegations
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Adrianna M Barazza/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Promotional5 of 12
- Photo: WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: RD/Bishop/Retna Digital9 of 12
- Photo: Andrew Shawaf/Pacific Coast News10 of 12
- Photo: GettyImages.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Oscar-winning actor Forest Whitaker was left fuming on Friday after he was wrongly accused of shoplifting from a New York City delicatessen.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
"The Last King of Scotland" star was leaving the Milano Market on Manhattan's Upper East Side when he was stopped by a store employee and accused of taking an item from the shelf without paying for it. Whitaker was reportedly frisked by the worker, and the actor's spokesperson reveals the 51-year-old was upset by the incident.
RELATED: Trouble With the Law 2012
The representative tells TMZ, "This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment.
"Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights. Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner."
RELATED: Edward Furlong arrested again
Representatives of the market have yet to comment on the incident.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite