Forest Whitaker's representative takes aim at shoplifting allegations
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Adrianna M Barazza/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Promotional5 of 12
- Photo: WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: RD/Bishop/Retna Digital9 of 12
- Photo: Andrew Shawaf/Pacific Coast News10 of 12
- Photo: GettyImages.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Oscar-winning actor Forest Whitaker was left fuming on Friday after he was wrongly accused of shoplifting from a New York City delicatessen.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
"The Last King of Scotland" star was leaving the Milano Market on Manhattan's Upper East Side when he was stopped by a store employee and accused of taking an item from the shelf without paying for it. Whitaker was reportedly frisked by the worker, and the actor's spokesperson reveals the 51-year-old was upset by the incident.
RELATED: Trouble With the Law 2012
The representative tells TMZ, "This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment.
"Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights. Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner."
RELATED: Edward Furlong arrested again
Representatives of the market have yet to comment on the incident.
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite