Forest Whitaker's representative takes aim at shoplifting allegations
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Adrianna M Barazza/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Promotional5 of 12
- Photo: WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: RD/Bishop/Retna Digital9 of 12
- Photo: Andrew Shawaf/Pacific Coast News10 of 12
- Photo: GettyImages.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Exclusive Enlisted Sneak Peek: The Hill Brothers Get Duped by Sneaky Army VetsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:02:00 PM
- Richard Linklater to Receive Founder's Directing Award from San Francisco Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:00:00 PM
- George Zimmerman's Parents Sue Roseanne Barr, Say She Sent 'Lynch Mob' AfMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:53:00 PM
- 'Bates Motel' Star Olivia Cooke in Talks for Lead in 'Me & Earl &MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:30:00 PM
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind AuditionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:21:00 PM
- Exclusive Enlisted Sneak Peek: The Hill Brothers Get Duped by Sneaky Army Vets
Oscar-winning actor Forest Whitaker was left fuming on Friday after he was wrongly accused of shoplifting from a New York City delicatessen.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
"The Last King of Scotland" star was leaving the Milano Market on Manhattan's Upper East Side when he was stopped by a store employee and accused of taking an item from the shelf without paying for it. Whitaker was reportedly frisked by the worker, and the actor's spokesperson reveals the 51-year-old was upset by the incident.
RELATED: Trouble With the Law 2012
The representative tells TMZ, "This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment.
"Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights. Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner."
RELATED: Edward Furlong arrested again
Representatives of the market have yet to comment on the incident.
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite