- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com2 of 8
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Fame Pictures4 of 8
- Photo: Starsurf/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: LAC/Fame Pictures7 of 8
More Celeb News
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Plunders $20.2 Million in Foreign MarketsMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Network says signal of Egyptian satire show jammedMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Barack Obama Set to Introduce Fox's 'Cosmos' Premiere EpisodeMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Grand Budapest Hotel' On Record-Breaking Box Office Tear How Wes Anderson PulledMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 10:41:00 AM
- SXSW: Lionsgate Nabs Rights to Bigfoot Thriller 'Exists'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:21:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Plunders $20.2 Million in Foreign Markets
By Kat Giantis
All right, who didn't see this one coming? An insider alleges to Us Weekly that Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson's on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again romance may be back on. Again.
The actress has supposedly reopened communication with her repeat ex, who was recently seen splashing around in the Hawaiian surf with an unidentified hottie.
RELATED: See more pics of Kate Hudson!
According to the mag (via Jezebel), Kate was "wiped out" by her December bust-up with Alex Rodriguez (not surprising given that she spent much of their seven-month romance tirelessly cheering him and his New York Yankees teammates on to World Series victory) and is back in touch with Owen.
Hudson's rep did not respond to our request for comment on the reunion rumblings, which began late last month. But if the fickle, golden-haired pair is considering rekindling their inconstant flame, it would mean hookup No. 4.
RELATED: Read more about Kate Hudson
For those in need of a Kate and Owen recap, here's a brief history of their capricious coupling: They were first linked in September 2006 while out promoting "You, Me and Dupree," but by June 2007 they were kaput, with Kate segueing into a brief relationship with Dax Shepard and Owen ending up an unwitting tabloid target after a reported suicide attempt.
They reconnected in February 2008, only to fizzle a couple months later, a scenario that would repeat itself in February 2009 (in between, she enjoyed a brief romance with Lance Armstrong). After their last parting of ways, Hudson took up with A-Rod, who, by the by, apparently hasn't wasted any time getting back in the game.
The New York Post says he's dating a "super-toned" 25-year-old blonde named Elaine Spottswood.
"Alex and Elaine are seeing a lot of each other and work out together nearly every day. But their relationship is by no means exclusive," a source tells the paper. "And he keeps bragging that Madonna is still texting him all the time."
RELATED: Check out Kate's filmography
Speaking of texts, In Touch claims that Rodriguez was "constantly" firing off notes to Spottswood, whom he met a few years back through mutual pals, when he was still with Hudson.
"Kate is devastated and feels stupid," maintains an insider. "She thought that she and Alex were moving toward marriage, and all the while he was not taking the relationship as seriously as she was."
But the slugger's new, non-exclusive honey insists she had nothing to do with the split and denies there was any romantic overlap.
"It's only recently that we've reconnected," she explains to the mag, "about a month or so ago."
Read more Hot Gossip
From Crowd Ignite