Frank Langella Opens up About Elizabeth Taylor Romance
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: JANE KALINOWSKY/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Actor Frank Langella has opened up about his short-lived romance with Elizabeth Taylor, revealing she was a tough woman to love.
RELATED: Second Chance Relationships
The thespian fell for the movie icon in 2001 after a secret dinner date, for which Taylor was almost two hours late, and he has revealed all about their first night together, after an Oscar party at her home, in his new memoir, "Dropped Names: Famous Men & Women as I Knew Them."
The romance didn't last long because Langella grew frustrated with the aged actress' "diving arrogance" and her love for personal dramas.
RELATED: Celebrity Heartbreakers
Speaking at the weekend's Nantucket Film Festival, where Langella was the recipient of the Compass Rose Acting Award, the 74-year-old said, "I was in my 60s and she was a few years older than me. I found this woman to be immensely fragile and immensely vulnerable and immensely endearing even with all the qualities that I mention in the chapter (in the book) about how physical she could be and extraordinarily commanding and in charge. She always wanted to be with every man she was with.
"I liked this woman very, very much and I was very happy to be in her company for a while but I knew, also in the best sense of the word, this was a monster and I could never survive."
RELATED: Celeb Love Affairs
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite