Frank Langella Opens up About Elizabeth Taylor Romance
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: JANE KALINOWSKY/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Actor Frank Langella has opened up about his short-lived romance with Elizabeth Taylor, revealing she was a tough woman to love.
RELATED: Second Chance Relationships
The thespian fell for the movie icon in 2001 after a secret dinner date, for which Taylor was almost two hours late, and he has revealed all about their first night together, after an Oscar party at her home, in his new memoir, "Dropped Names: Famous Men & Women as I Knew Them."
The romance didn't last long because Langella grew frustrated with the aged actress' "diving arrogance" and her love for personal dramas.
RELATED: Celebrity Heartbreakers
Speaking at the weekend's Nantucket Film Festival, where Langella was the recipient of the Compass Rose Acting Award, the 74-year-old said, "I was in my 60s and she was a few years older than me. I found this woman to be immensely fragile and immensely vulnerable and immensely endearing even with all the qualities that I mention in the chapter (in the book) about how physical she could be and extraordinarily commanding and in charge. She always wanted to be with every man she was with.
"I liked this woman very, very much and I was very happy to be in her company for a while but I knew, also in the best sense of the word, this was a monster and I could never survive."
RELATED: Celeb Love Affairs
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite