Frank Langella Opens up About Elizabeth Taylor Romance
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: JANE KALINOWSKY/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Actor Frank Langella has opened up about his short-lived romance with Elizabeth Taylor, revealing she was a tough woman to love.
RELATED: Second Chance Relationships
The thespian fell for the movie icon in 2001 after a secret dinner date, for which Taylor was almost two hours late, and he has revealed all about their first night together, after an Oscar party at her home, in his new memoir, "Dropped Names: Famous Men & Women as I Knew Them."
The romance didn't last long because Langella grew frustrated with the aged actress' "diving arrogance" and her love for personal dramas.
RELATED: Celebrity Heartbreakers
Speaking at the weekend's Nantucket Film Festival, where Langella was the recipient of the Compass Rose Acting Award, the 74-year-old said, "I was in my 60s and she was a few years older than me. I found this woman to be immensely fragile and immensely vulnerable and immensely endearing even with all the qualities that I mention in the chapter (in the book) about how physical she could be and extraordinarily commanding and in charge. She always wanted to be with every man she was with.
"I liked this woman very, very much and I was very happy to be in her company for a while but I knew, also in the best sense of the word, this was a monster and I could never survive."
RELATED: Celeb Love Affairs
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite