Frank Langella Opens up About Elizabeth Taylor Romance
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: JANE KALINOWSKY/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential Replacements
Actor Frank Langella has opened up about his short-lived romance with Elizabeth Taylor, revealing she was a tough woman to love.
RELATED: Second Chance Relationships
The thespian fell for the movie icon in 2001 after a secret dinner date, for which Taylor was almost two hours late, and he has revealed all about their first night together, after an Oscar party at her home, in his new memoir, "Dropped Names: Famous Men & Women as I Knew Them."
The romance didn't last long because Langella grew frustrated with the aged actress' "diving arrogance" and her love for personal dramas.
RELATED: Celebrity Heartbreakers
Speaking at the weekend's Nantucket Film Festival, where Langella was the recipient of the Compass Rose Acting Award, the 74-year-old said, "I was in my 60s and she was a few years older than me. I found this woman to be immensely fragile and immensely vulnerable and immensely endearing even with all the qualities that I mention in the chapter (in the book) about how physical she could be and extraordinarily commanding and in charge. She always wanted to be with every man she was with.
"I liked this woman very, very much and I was very happy to be in her company for a while but I knew, also in the best sense of the word, this was a monster and I could never survive."
RELATED: Celeb Love Affairs
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite