Frank Langella Opens up About Elizabeth Taylor Romance
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: PF1/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 17
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: JANE KALINOWSKY/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:46:00 AM
- 'Reclaim' Review: Ryan Phillippe and Rachelle Lefevre Are Fooled Twice, and Then SMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Oculus unveils new prototype VR headsetMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:44:54 AM
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OKMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:20:47 AM
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's ReputationMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &
Actor Frank Langella has opened up about his short-lived romance with Elizabeth Taylor, revealing she was a tough woman to love.
RELATED: Second Chance Relationships
The thespian fell for the movie icon in 2001 after a secret dinner date, for which Taylor was almost two hours late, and he has revealed all about their first night together, after an Oscar party at her home, in his new memoir, "Dropped Names: Famous Men & Women as I Knew Them."
The romance didn't last long because Langella grew frustrated with the aged actress' "diving arrogance" and her love for personal dramas.
RELATED: Celebrity Heartbreakers
Speaking at the weekend's Nantucket Film Festival, where Langella was the recipient of the Compass Rose Acting Award, the 74-year-old said, "I was in my 60s and she was a few years older than me. I found this woman to be immensely fragile and immensely vulnerable and immensely endearing even with all the qualities that I mention in the chapter (in the book) about how physical she could be and extraordinarily commanding and in charge. She always wanted to be with every man she was with.
"I liked this woman very, very much and I was very happy to be in her company for a while but I knew, also in the best sense of the word, this was a monster and I could never survive."
RELATED: Celeb Love Affairs
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite