Starstruck Melissa McCarthy Told Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie to Stop Talking at Bash
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
That's a lot of energy!
Oscar nominee Melissa McCarthy is quickly becoming an A-lister, but that doesn't mean she didn't completely freak out chatting with Hollywood's most famous couple and its most celebrated actress.
On Thursday's episode of "Ellen," the "Bridesmaids" actress, 41, recounted to Ellen DeGeneres and Jimmy Kimmel what it was like chatting (alongside husband and "Bridesmaids" co-star Ben Falcone) with superstars at the Golden Globes two weekends ago.
"So, I'm already in some weird altered state talking to Brad and Angelina. They're so nice and chatty and really bubbly," McCarthy said of hobnobbing with Pitt, 48, and Jolie, 36.
"Finally, I got a little weird and I was like, 'You have to stop for a minute because it's a lot visually to take in.' I said that to them. They just kind of laughed. I said, 'No, really.' It is a lot visually to take in. She's, like, weirdly glowing. She’s so beautiful. He's kind of cute, too. And then I was like, 'OK. I'm sorry. I needed to, like, regroup' because they're kind of a lot."
McCarthy's starstruck moment didn't end there -- because Meryl Streep then introduced herself to the foursome!
"Literally like my brain snapped in two," McCarthy said of meeting the legendary actress. "And then I really didn't know what to say. I just kept going, 'Oh, my God. You're Meryl Streep.' And she was chatting like a normal human being. And I said, 'Oh my God. I'm sorry. I thought over the years so many things if I ever got to meet you what I would say. This is not it.' And, she goes 'Oh my God. Don't even worry about it.'"
Added the Best Supporting Actress nominee: "For some reason I felt I needed to bookend it with and repeat. 'Oh my God. You're Meryl Streep!'"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite