Starstruck Melissa McCarthy Told Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie to Stop Talking at Bash
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
That's a lot of energy!
Oscar nominee Melissa McCarthy is quickly becoming an A-lister, but that doesn't mean she didn't completely freak out chatting with Hollywood's most famous couple and its most celebrated actress.
On Thursday's episode of "Ellen," the "Bridesmaids" actress, 41, recounted to Ellen DeGeneres and Jimmy Kimmel what it was like chatting (alongside husband and "Bridesmaids" co-star Ben Falcone) with superstars at the Golden Globes two weekends ago.
"So, I'm already in some weird altered state talking to Brad and Angelina. They're so nice and chatty and really bubbly," McCarthy said of hobnobbing with Pitt, 48, and Jolie, 36.
"Finally, I got a little weird and I was like, 'You have to stop for a minute because it's a lot visually to take in.' I said that to them. They just kind of laughed. I said, 'No, really.' It is a lot visually to take in. She's, like, weirdly glowing. She’s so beautiful. He's kind of cute, too. And then I was like, 'OK. I'm sorry. I needed to, like, regroup' because they're kind of a lot."
McCarthy's starstruck moment didn't end there -- because Meryl Streep then introduced herself to the foursome!
"Literally like my brain snapped in two," McCarthy said of meeting the legendary actress. "And then I really didn't know what to say. I just kept going, 'Oh, my God. You're Meryl Streep.' And she was chatting like a normal human being. And I said, 'Oh my God. I'm sorry. I thought over the years so many things if I ever got to meet you what I would say. This is not it.' And, she goes 'Oh my God. Don't even worry about it.'"
Added the Best Supporting Actress nominee: "For some reason I felt I needed to bookend it with and repeat. 'Oh my God. You're Meryl Streep!'"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"Hit and Run" co-stars and fiances Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell talk about their Hollywood romance and more with Wonderwall's Rebecca Silverstein.Watch Video »
"Playing for Keeps" star Gerard Butler talks about going shirtless and more with Wonderwall editor Rebecca Silverstein.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLiving Apart
From Crowd Ignite