George Clooney Auctioning off Rare Car for Sudan Aid
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 13
- Photo: ONLA/GSI2 of 13
- Photo: A.M.P.A.S. / Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: QIB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: © Luca Ghidoni / Omega / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.7 of 13
- Photo: Anthony/Pacific Coast News8 of 13
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Writer-Producers at Reality TV Hit Factory Vote to UnionizeMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 9:15:00 AM
- Ratings: Amy Poehler-Produced 'Welcome to Sweden,' 'Working the Engels&amMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 8:51:00 AM
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Debate Whether Bennett Deserves to Go To PrisonMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 8:28:00 AM
- George Clooney Will Never 'Accept' an Apology From the Daily Mail 'the WMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:44:00 AM
- 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Rises to $4.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:11:00 AM
- Writer-Producers at Reality TV Hit Factory Vote to Unionize
WENN -- George Clooney is aiming to raise more than $100,000 to aid the victims of war-torn Sudan by auctioning off his limited-edition electric car. The actor and humanitarian has long been involved with raising awareness about the humanitarian crisis in the troubled African republic, and he is hoping to boost funds for aid in the area with the sale of his rare black metallic 2008 Tesla Roadster.
The eco-friendly Signature 100 vehicle, which features a two-tone leather interior and has just 1,700 miles on the odometer, is set to go on the auction block at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance auction by Gooding & Co. on Aug. 18. The funds will benefit Clooney's Satellite Sentinel Project, set up to monitor the actions of warlords in Sudan in an effort to prevent another civil war between the country and the newly-independent South Sudan.
David Gooding, president of the auction firm, says, "We are overjoyed to present George Clooney's Signature 100 Tesla at Pebble Beach because this is an incredible opportunity to purchase a modern collector car with all the right elements: one-owner, celebrity provenance; historical significance; limited-edition rarity and philanthropic ties."
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBoob Job?
From Crowd Ignite