George Clooney Auctioning off Rare Car for Sudan Aid
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 13
- Photo: ONLA/GSI2 of 13
- Photo: A.M.P.A.S. / Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: QIB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: © Luca Ghidoni / Omega / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.7 of 13
- Photo: Anthony/Pacific Coast News8 of 13
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:25 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 12:25:10 PM
- Man fatally shot backstage at California concertMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 12:25:01 PM
- Snake Bites Nicki Minaj's Backup Dancer at VMA RehearsalMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 10:15:00 AM
- VIDEO: Watch the First Five Minutes of Lifetime's Saved By the Bell MovieMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:31:00 AM
- Iggy Azalea Posts Video of Stage Fall on InstagramMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:24:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:25 p.m. EDT
WENN -- George Clooney is aiming to raise more than $100,000 to aid the victims of war-torn Sudan by auctioning off his limited-edition electric car. The actor and humanitarian has long been involved with raising awareness about the humanitarian crisis in the troubled African republic, and he is hoping to boost funds for aid in the area with the sale of his rare black metallic 2008 Tesla Roadster.
The eco-friendly Signature 100 vehicle, which features a two-tone leather interior and has just 1,700 miles on the odometer, is set to go on the auction block at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance auction by Gooding & Co. on Aug. 18. The funds will benefit Clooney's Satellite Sentinel Project, set up to monitor the actions of warlords in Sudan in an effort to prevent another civil war between the country and the newly-independent South Sudan.
David Gooding, president of the auction firm, says, "We are overjoyed to present George Clooney's Signature 100 Tesla at Pebble Beach because this is an incredible opportunity to purchase a modern collector car with all the right elements: one-owner, celebrity provenance; historical significance; limited-edition rarity and philanthropic ties."
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
From Gwen Stefani to Britney Spears, check out some of the best all-time style moments from the Teen Choice Awards.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Kerry Washington and more stars who've married football stars.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite