George Clooney Auctioning off Rare Car for Sudan Aid
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 13
- Photo: ONLA/GSI2 of 13
- Photo: A.M.P.A.S. / Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: QIB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: © Luca Ghidoni / Omega / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.7 of 13
- Photo: Anthony/Pacific Coast News8 of 13
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
WENN -- George Clooney is aiming to raise more than $100,000 to aid the victims of war-torn Sudan by auctioning off his limited-edition electric car. The actor and humanitarian has long been involved with raising awareness about the humanitarian crisis in the troubled African republic, and he is hoping to boost funds for aid in the area with the sale of his rare black metallic 2008 Tesla Roadster.
The eco-friendly Signature 100 vehicle, which features a two-tone leather interior and has just 1,700 miles on the odometer, is set to go on the auction block at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance auction by Gooding & Co. on Aug. 18. The funds will benefit Clooney's Satellite Sentinel Project, set up to monitor the actions of warlords in Sudan in an effort to prevent another civil war between the country and the newly-independent South Sudan.
David Gooding, president of the auction firm, says, "We are overjoyed to present George Clooney's Signature 100 Tesla at Pebble Beach because this is an incredible opportunity to purchase a modern collector car with all the right elements: one-owner, celebrity provenance; historical significance; limited-edition rarity and philanthropic ties."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite