George Clooney, Elisabetta Canalis Split
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: KPA/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Attention, ladies: George Clooney is back on the market.
After two years together, he and Italian actress/model Elisabetta Canalis have called it quits. "We are not together anymore," the duo tells Us Weekly in a joint statement. "It's very difficult and very personal and we hope everyone can respect our privacy."
All seemed well for the jet-setting pair -- who spent tons of time together, often with their families, at Clooney's Lake Como estate in Italy -- recently.
"I am very happy at the moment - thanks to my man and my fairytale is continuing," Canalis, 32, told Italian magazine Chi in its June issue. "We are a couple that never gets bored."
But the notoriously private Clooney, 49, revealed in January that he wouldn't wed again -- not Canalis or anyone, for that matter.
"I was married," he quipped on Piers Morgan Tonight. "I gave it a shot." (Clooney and actress Talia Balsam were wed from 1989 to 1993.)
Yet Canalis seemed less averse to walking down the aisle. "I am a firm believer in marriage," she told Chi. "In the future I will be married, but for the time being I am happy as I am," she says. "I don't need anything to confirm how happy I am."
"[George] reassures me all the time," Canalis said in a late 2010 chat with Italian Vanity Fair. "I feel more embraced than ever before. The idea of being so loved is overwhelming...George has given color back to my life."
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite