George Clooney, Elisabetta Canalis Split
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: KPA/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:13 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:13:21 PM
- The Leftovers' Amy Brenneman: Laurie's "Not So Fragile" AnymoreMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Comic-Con: How 'Bates Motel' Makes Norman and His Mom More Likable (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 7:49:00 PM
- 'Manhattan' Creator on Doomsday Drama: 'Americans Never Met an ApocalypseMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 5:57:00 PM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV Channel
Attention, ladies: George Clooney is back on the market.
After two years together, he and Italian actress/model Elisabetta Canalis have called it quits. "We are not together anymore," the duo tells Us Weekly in a joint statement. "It's very difficult and very personal and we hope everyone can respect our privacy."
All seemed well for the jet-setting pair -- who spent tons of time together, often with their families, at Clooney's Lake Como estate in Italy -- recently.
"I am very happy at the moment - thanks to my man and my fairytale is continuing," Canalis, 32, told Italian magazine Chi in its June issue. "We are a couple that never gets bored."
But the notoriously private Clooney, 49, revealed in January that he wouldn't wed again -- not Canalis or anyone, for that matter.
"I was married," he quipped on Piers Morgan Tonight. "I gave it a shot." (Clooney and actress Talia Balsam were wed from 1989 to 1993.)
Yet Canalis seemed less averse to walking down the aisle. "I am a firm believer in marriage," she told Chi. "In the future I will be married, but for the time being I am happy as I am," she says. "I don't need anything to confirm how happy I am."
"[George] reassures me all the time," Canalis said in a late 2010 chat with Italian Vanity Fair. "I feel more embraced than ever before. The idea of being so loved is overwhelming...George has given color back to my life."
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite