George Clooney, Stacy Keibler 'Hadn't Had Sex in Months' Before Breakup: report
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks4 of 15
- Photo: Erik Pendzich/Rex USA5 of 15
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN7 of 15
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN9 of 15
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 15
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA12 of 15
- Photo: SUAA/ZDS/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
George Clooney's split from Stacy Keibler after two years of dating didn't exactly come out of nowhere. The couple had been on the rocks for months and had even been going through a bit of a dry spell, sexually speaking, before the breakup, a source reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly, on stands Friday.
"They hadn't had sex in months," the source tells Us. "He's been in Europe, and she's in L.A., and they haven't seen each other in a long time. Some girls would be OK with that and just be happy dating George, but not her."
"She knew he wasn't looking to get married," another insider says. "But there was always that fantasy that he would commit. Sadly, it just ran its course."
Indeed, as Us Weekly previously reported, the couple had been drifting apart for months. "It's been slowly falling apart for a while," one source told Us of the couple. Added another: "Stacy and George have been having ongoing discussions in the last few weeks. It wasn't a one-sided decision. No one got dumped. They both discussed it and realized it was better that they split."
Linked since July 2011, the "Gravity" actor, 52, and the "Supermarket Superstar" host, 33, made their official red-carpet debut together at the Toronto Film Festival that fall. In the two years after, Keibler was a constant presence at Clooney's side, accompanying him to high-profile events like the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. They also spent plenty of quality time at the Golden Globe winner's famed Lake Como compound in Italy.
In recent months, however, things were strained. "The end is near," one source predicted in March. "It's a matter of time."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite