George Clooney, Stacy Keibler 'Hadn't Had Sex in Months' Before Breakup: report
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks4 of 15
- Photo: Erik Pendzich/Rex USA5 of 15
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN7 of 15
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN9 of 15
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 15
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA12 of 15
- Photo: SUAA/ZDS/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
George Clooney's split from Stacy Keibler after two years of dating didn't exactly come out of nowhere. The couple had been on the rocks for months and had even been going through a bit of a dry spell, sexually speaking, before the breakup, a source reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly, on stands Friday.
"They hadn't had sex in months," the source tells Us. "He's been in Europe, and she's in L.A., and they haven't seen each other in a long time. Some girls would be OK with that and just be happy dating George, but not her."
"She knew he wasn't looking to get married," another insider says. "But there was always that fantasy that he would commit. Sadly, it just ran its course."
Indeed, as Us Weekly previously reported, the couple had been drifting apart for months. "It's been slowly falling apart for a while," one source told Us of the couple. Added another: "Stacy and George have been having ongoing discussions in the last few weeks. It wasn't a one-sided decision. No one got dumped. They both discussed it and realized it was better that they split."
Linked since July 2011, the "Gravity" actor, 52, and the "Supermarket Superstar" host, 33, made their official red-carpet debut together at the Toronto Film Festival that fall. In the two years after, Keibler was a constant presence at Clooney's side, accompanying him to high-profile events like the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. They also spent plenty of quality time at the Golden Globe winner's famed Lake Como compound in Italy.
In recent months, however, things were strained. "The end is near," one source predicted in March. "It's a matter of time."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jake Talks 'Code'
Watch as Jake Gyllenhaal talks about his upcoming flick "Source Code."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite