George Lucas Marries Mellody Hobson
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: ATB/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 12
- Photo: Reuters5 of 12
- Photo: MOLLY RILEY/Reuters6 of 12
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: VINCENT KESSLER/Reuters8 of 12
- Photo: PN2/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: JOSHUA ROBERTS/Reuters10 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Their love is written in the stars! "Star Wars" creator George Lucas married businesswoman Mellody Hobson on Saturday, Us Weekly can confirm. Lucas, 69, and Hobson, 44, announced their engagement in January 2013.
Several of the newlyweds' celebrity friends shared the happy news via Twitter. "Let's give a galactic shout out to Master George Lucas and his bride Mellody on this, their wedding day," tweeted Samuel L. Jackson, who played Mace Windu in three of Lucas' "Star Wars" films.
Ron Howard, who starred in 1973's "American Graffiti" (directed and co-written by Lucas), echoed, "George Lucas and Mellody Hobson's wedding was joy to behold. Bill Moyer's service was beautiful, nothing short of profound. Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Lucas."
Lucas and Hobson met at a business conference in 2006. Hobson, a Princeton University graduate who is also the head of a Chicago-based investment management firm, joked about their unlikely pairing during a January 2012 appearance on OWN's "Oprah's Next Chapter." "How else would a financial person and a movie person ever be at the same place at the same time?" she said with a laugh.
This is the first marriage for Hobson and the second for Lucas, who was previously wed to film editor Marcia Griffin from 1969 to 1983. The exes adopted a daughter, Amanda, and Lucas adopted two more children, Katie and Jett, after their split.
In addition to serving as chairman of the board of DreamWorks Animation, Hobson is also a money and personal finance contributor to ABC News. Lucas -- who also created the "Indiana Jones" franchise -- sold his television and film production company, Lucasfilm Ltd., to the Walt Disney Company for $4.05 billion in October 2012. The acquisition came four months after the filmmaker announced his retirement.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHollywood Love?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite