Gerard Butler Explains His Shocking Slimdown
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Dimension Films/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'All My Children' Vet MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:32:00 AM
- Aaron McGruder's 'Black Jesus' Somehow Draws Anger From Family GroupMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:10:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'All My Children' Vet
Fit and funny!
Gerard Butler's body has always been impressive, but for his role as a pro-surfer in the upcoming film Mavericks, the actor took his commitment to physical fitness to whole a new level!
"I ate my last meal in October, and I run about 40 miles a day," he told Us Weekly Tuesday at the Diesel show in NYC. "I'm joking! It's just doing a lot of cardio and extremely watching what I eat. I stopped lifting big weights and I'm doing yoga."
So just how difficult was it for the Scottish actor, 41, to attain his toned, lean physique? "It's not hard to stay in shape," he explained. "It's hard to be in really good shape!"
"If I wear a long shirt, everyone says, 'Oh my, God! He lost so much weight.' But this is how I look," he explained. "I just used to be a lot bigger. But now I'm surfing. I'm doing a surf movie so I have to slim down. I don't know... maybe I'm sick or something!"
So is there a lucky lady enjoying Butler's hot new bod? Not according to him. "I'm single," he told Us.
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite