- Photo: Christopher Peterson/GettyImages.com1 of 9
- Photo: ATeam/X172 of 9
- Photo: Photonews/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Tom Meinelt/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Itsuo Inouye/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&aMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 5:37:00 AM
- New York Times Issues Response to Wikipedia Plagiarism ChargeMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:16:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Scores With Outrageous Twitter ReactionsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Mocks Orlando Bloom With Weepy Photo: Hollywood Twitter Takes the BaitMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:29:00 PM
- Kumail Nanjiani and Jonah Ray Talk Taking a Comic Book Store Stand-Up Show to Comedy CentralMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:06:00 PM
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&a
By Kat Giantis
Back in January 2008, Katie Holmes elicited eye rolls when she described diaper-sporting, bottle-sucking daughter Suri as "a very strong woman." Turns out she may have been onto something.
In recent days, the trendy, designer-clad 3-year-old has been photographed wearing high heels and lipstick while out and about in Boston, where dad Tom Cruise is filming the thriller "Wichita."
On Monday, paparazzi were on hand to capture Suri as she teetered hand-in-hand with Holmes while sporting a teeny pair of glittery silver peep-toe kitten heels, which she paired with a printed tiered skirt, a sparkly clamshell purse and a kicky stuffed elephant.
And while we tend to believe that a little girl squishing her growing toes into pumps is more unsettling than adorable (we blame the terrifying tots of "Toddlers and Tiaras"), in this instance it looks like it was just a run-of-the-mill case of a kid playing dress-up for a day out with mom.
Besides, by the time Katie and Suri popped into a store called The Fairy Shop, where the mop-topped ankle-biter picked up a couple of stuffed unicorns, she had ditched her uncomfortable footwear for a pair of pink sneakers.
Suri, who's been labeled a "girly girl" by Cruise, also tried out a new look the day before by modeling a generous smear of pink lipstick, which, fashion prodigy that she is, complemented both her striped shirt and ballet flats.
Meanwhile, on the other end of the rug rat style spectrum is Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's 3-year-old cutie-pie Shiloh, who, unlike Suri and her kiddie couture, seems to prefer more rough-and-tumble togs.
On Wednesday, the towheaded tot joined Pax, 5, and Zahara, 4, for a trip to Toys R Us in Toulon, France, where a smiling, black-maxi-dress-sporting Angelina treated them to a trunk full of wheeled playthings.
(One-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne were likely back at the family's nearby $60 million chateau, while Maddox, 8, was seen arriving in New York with an unbecomingly goateed Pitt.)
For the outing, Shiloh put together an animated ensemble consisting of a miniature version of one of her father's ubiquitous fedoras, hand-me-down camo pants, a missing tooth, a vest and a plastic sword.
RELATED: See photos of hot mom Angelina Jolie
No word on whether the outfit was an homage to her favorite storybook character, an obsession Pitt explained to Oprah last year.
"She only wants to be called John. John or Peter. So it's a Peter Pan thing," said the proud pop. "So we've got to call her John. 'Shi, do you want ...' -- 'John. I'm John.' And then I'll say, 'John, would you like some orange juice?' And she goes, 'No!' So, you know, it's just that kind of stuff that's cute to parents, and it's probably really obnoxious to other people."
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite