- Photo: Matt Smith/Pedro Andrade/Pacific Coast News1 of 9
- Photo: Reese and Jim snapped on one of their first dates / Whittle/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Hector Vasquez/Pacific Coast News6 of 9
- Photo: Hector Vasquez/Pacific Coast News7 of 9
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/Bret Thompsett/Pacific Coast News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton Comedy 'Ruth & Alex' Lands at Focus WorldMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Google, NewsCorp Slapped With Lawsuit Over MySpace SaleMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:17:00 PM
- 'Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford, 'Desperate Housewives' JonatMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Selfie-Snapping Doctor Revealed as Throat Specialist to the Stars (Reports)MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Iggy Azalea Sues Her Ex-Boyfriend for Alleged Song Theft, ForgeryMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton Comedy 'Ruth & Alex' Lands at Focus World
By Kat Giantis
Somewhere, Jake Gyllenhaal hangs his pretty head, closes his dreamy blue eyes and lets out a heavy sigh. On Saturday, his ex-girlfriend, Reese Witherspoon, made her budding relationship with Hollywood agent Jim Toth official by strolling hand-in-hand with him in picturesque Ojai, Calif., where she has a weekend home.
RELATED VIDEO: Reese Steps Out With New Man
"They looked very happy," an eyewitness tells the New York Daily News, while an overexcited paparazzo opines to X17 that they "looked so in love. I've never seen Reese so at ease and happy -- except maybe during the beginning of her relationship with Jake..."
RELATED: See more photos of Reese
The pair, who attempted to remain low-key behind their respective baseball caps and sunglasses, reportedly grabbed lunch at a Mexican joint and did some shopping.
No word on whether Toth, who proved his chivalrousness by holding open the car door for the actress, was looking for a gift for her 34th birthday on Monday.
The romantic getaway was apparently adults-only. Reese's two kids, Ava, 10, and Deacon, 6, were spotted in Los Angeles on Saturday making a grocery run with dad Ryan Phillippe, who is once again flying solo after calling it quits with Abbie Cornish.
The Oscar winner was first linked to Toth, 39, who works at CAA, the powerhouse agency that represents her, when they were snapped on a "very flirtatious" dinner date in late January, about two months after she split with Gyllenhaal following more than two years of togetherness.
"People were surprised that she bounced back so quickly after dating Jake, but she really likes Jim. I think she was shocked to like someone again so quickly," a source explains to the Daily News. "Friends of hers are hoping this works out. He's a good guy, and they're hoping this lasts."
Another snitch recently told Us Weekly that the two "started as friends, and it developed into more."
Toth is said to be thinking long-term but isn't putting any pressure on Witherspoon, which is probably wise: She supposedly broke things off with Gyllenhaal because he wanted to make things legal, while she was unsure about taking another walk down the aisle.
RELATED: Reese and Jake: What went wrong?
As for her new beau, "He's reassessed his life. He suffered a loss last year -- the death of his father -- and Jim feels it's time to settle down," an insider told Life & Style in February. "He's definitely grown up from his younger days as a cocky agent."
And the fact that he was invited to Witherspoon's country retreat is a good sign. After all, it's where she and Jake used to domestically bliss out.
"We spend the weekends outside L.A, in Ojai, where I have a farmhouse," she told the November issue of In Style. "We have chickens and we grow cucumbers and tomatoes. I love it. It reminds me of where I grew up in Tennessee."
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSweet Kisses
From Crowd Ignite