Gosling 'embarrassed' after splitting up street fight
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Thelonius/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: Thelonius/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin4 of 15
- Photo: Esquire5 of 15
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: StClair/Massie/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: New Line Cinema/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: FayesVision//WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and More Celebs Part of a New Nude Photos Leak?MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:01:00 PM
- Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Are Latest Victims of Nude Photo Leaks (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:35:00 PM
- Polly Bergen, 'Cape Fear' Actress, Dead at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:30:00 PM
- Ruby Dee memorialized in NYC with song and danceMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:10:22 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansions
Actor Ryan Gosling is "embarrassed" a video showing him breaking up a street fight in New York has gone viral online, because he feels he should have kept his "nose out of it".
"The Notebook" star was strolling through the streets of the Big Apple's East Village when he spotted two men brawling in the middle of the road.
RELATED: Crazy Summer Hair Trends
Gosling was hailed a hero for stepping in to separate the pair - who were fighting over the ownership of a painting - but the actor is adamant he now regrets his actions.
RELATED: Stars Who Own Restaurants and Bars
He tells MTV News, "I'm embarrassed. I think that guy really was stealing that other guy's painting, so I should have just kept my nose out of it. It was sad, because it turns out that I said to the guy, 'Why are you doing this?' He said, 'Well, he tried to steal my painting.' I said, 'How do you know?' and he said, 'Well, he comes here every day and looks at my paintings,' which means the guy was a fan, and so he wanted the painting so bad he had to steal it because he couldn't afford it.
"So he finally steals the painting, and then he's getting his a** kicked by his hero, and then the guy from "The Notebook" shows up and makes it weirder. It's just, the whole thing, nobody wins, nobody won.
"I did not win. I had just come from the gymnasium, and I was all stretched out and feeling warmed up. So, I'm embarrassed."
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite